GLAZED STUDIO by Glazed NYC is the full-service atelier to breathe new life into your wardrobe and create pieces you’ll love for a lifetime. It will launch on April 30, 2022 with a pop-up at Cafe Erzulie in Brooklyn. Our services will include garment reconstruction, enamel customization exclusively using our in-house dead stock fabrics and patterns, pattern + sample making, and alterations. You will be part of a dynamic and creative environment working on all aspects of the product life cycle, from concept to final development. You will work directly with our clients and our production team to bring dream wardrobes to life in the form of stunning, one-of-a-kind garments.
• Meet and consult with our customers to create unique garments and accessories, effectively communicating design details, pricing and delivery times
• Liaise directly with our production team to communicate effectively and place each custom order
• Order Fulfillment: place orders with production and ship orders to customers as needed
• Maintain studio space before/after each appointment
REQUIRED SKILLS :
• Knowledge of garment construction including pattern making, sewing and draping
• Sewing skills: intermediate/advanced skills preferred
• Understanding of models
• Knowledge of pattern drawing
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) must be able to create flat sketches
• Creative and knowledgeable about fashion; understanding of the link between history + current trends
• Hardworking, motivated, reliable and concerned about the quality of work and meeting deadlines
• Good listener, friendly, fun, positive
Schedule – To be discussed
Glazed NYC is a multidisciplinary studio that explores black history in fashion, film and music while using design as a vehicle for storytelling and community building.
Our ideal candidate is available part-time and available for immediate hire. Please send your resume and portfolio with the subject line “Glazed Studio Fashion Designer” to [email protected].
Scroll to continue