Your Body Is Your Temple - Why Do You Treat It Like A Tent
What is a healthy diet? It’s not about counting calories, measuring portions or cutting carbs. it's the food you eat
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1 hours
What is a healthy diet? It’s not about counting calories, measuring portions or cutting carbs. You won't really find a healthy diet on the lite menu at your favorite restaurant and you certainly won't find it at the local fast food joint. A healthy diet is all about what you eat rather than how much you eat.
If you think the latest fad diet is your panacea to health, you are in for a big surprise. Losing weight, staying healthy and getting back into shape after many years of diet neglect is not about fads or eating in some radical new way for six to twelve weeks and then going back to the way you used to eat.
The best thing you can do to keep yourself healthy is to eat a healthy diet all the time, not just when you want to lose weight. Eating healthy is a long-term lifestyle choice, something you need to do for your entire lifetime.
But what is a healthy diet? Is it what we have been led to believe milk for strong bones and teeth, protein in the form of lean beef or chicken and maybe a healthy microwave dinner if we are on the go. Unfortunately this diet is what is identified as the Standard American Diet or the SAD.
And what's so wrong with the SAD?
Well, has it made us a healthier people? Are we better off as a nation because of it?
With all of the health studies, advanced health care, the war on cancer dating back to the 70s, and the most advanced technology available on the planet we have to ask ourselves why do we still need to spend $1.3 trillion a year on health care in the United States. Why aren't we getting any healthier?
Other pertinent questions about your health beg for answers such as, why after more than 30 years since the War On Cancer was declared, do we still have an increasing cancer rate. Yes, we have many more people surviving cancer but the rate at which people are getting cancer is increasing. We have come a long way in taking care of sick people, but we haven't made any progress as a nation in preventing those people from getting sick.
Why do more than 15 million people in the United States have diabetes? Why do we still have more heart problems
today than we did 30 years ago? Why is more than 50% of our population on some kind of prescription drug?
We spend more per person on medical care than any other nation in the world. Why is this happening in a country that seems to be able to solve nearly any technological problem? Why can't we solve our medical problems? How would life be different for us if we were to be a nation of healthy individuals?
The secret to a healthy diet and a healthy life is living food…fresh vegetables, fruit, juices and green leafy salads. The answer to a healthier you is summed up in three words: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Living a healthy life and having a healthy family is all about eating a healthy diet, every day of our lives!
Please join me where we will explore how to start living a healthy lifestyle by implementing a healthy diet as part of a complete healthy lifestyle routine.
Who Should Take This Course:
- If you are tired of being tired or sick of feeling sick then this course is exactly what you need.
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn how to define a healthy diet. Sounds elementary but most of us don't really know what a healthy diet looks like
- Together we will discover carbs and fats are actually good for us.
- You will learn there are good carbs and bad carbs and how to still enjoy bad carbs in a healthy diet.
- We explore the need for vitamins and how to adjust your diet to make the most of the vitamins you take.
- You will discover the many benefits of honey and other bee products in your life.
- What causes aging and how to use your healthy diet to slow the aging process
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no requirements nor prerequisites for taking this course just a desire to become a healthy eater
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Your Body Is Your Temple - Why Do You Treat It Like A Tent
- What Is A Healthy Diet 05:51 05:51
- Your Best Key To A Healthy Diet - Variety 05:57 05:57
- Your Diet and Nutrition - Are You An Emotional Eater 02:51 02:51
- A Vegetarian Diet 04:28 04:28
- What You Need To Know About Vegetarianism 04:54 04:54
- Understanding Fats and carbs and their role in a healthy diet 05:05 05:05
- What Good and Bad Fat Can Do To Your Health 03:49 03:49
- Common Problems With The Average Diet 04:58 04:58
- What Is The Glycemic Index 09:02 09:02
- Vegetable Protein vs Meat Protein 01:55 01:55
- What Can Honey Do To You 04:15 04:15
- Vitamins How To Get The Most From Your Diet 03:34 03:34
- What Causes Us To Age 04:58 04:58
- What To Eat To Boost Your Memory 04:17 04:17
- Why You Should Consider Buying Organic 04:26 04:26
Brent DalleyTrainer in: Leadership, Marketing, Family Counseling
For the past 22years Brent has owned and operated his own business.
He works from home, writing and producing training courses in personal development, leadership, and personal communications.
He consults and coaches winning teams and team leaders.
He is a personal coach to those seeking to improve their personal life.
With forty years' experience in leadership, he has gained a lifetime’s knowledge and experience.
Throughout his career Brent has received awards in education, sales performance, cost control and asset management, and employee/management relationships.
In his time away from the office he has volunteered as a counselor and coach to countless individuals and couples.
He is married to the same young lady he met 60 years ago and together they have two daughters and one son and 9 grandchildren.
His current interests are mountain biking, hiking and spoiling grandchildren.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now